Sunday, January 18, 2009

Better late than never!

Okay so I am looking at our blog today and Ted sees it and says.."really, you haven't updated since Nov.?" And I say..."well I have been kind of busy," He didn't think that was a valid excuse, so here I am finally updating. The best news of the new year--our house is almost done...the inside has just a few final touches needed, like base trim in the kitchen, bath tub needs a wood panel in front of all the electrical junk, built in bookcase in basement, mantel on fireplace...all stuff that should be done by the end of Jan. The biggest things outside will wait until the weather is above zero! We have no siding and no deck or stairs off of back door..all stuff we can live without for now. It is so nice to have the inside look and feel like a home again. My days are consumed with finding new homes for many items we had in our office...which we no longer have as we took down those walls. It is exciting to be able to finally put stuff away after moving it around all Fall. The kids love their new play space...although as a I type they are hauling trucks and tractors up the stairs to run them on the hardwood floors upstairs--because "they go way fast!" spoken like a true 6 year old!! Madelynn is happy to have her bedroom and bathroom back and the boys now have their own bathroom...although the most popular place to shower is in our new shower!! Go figure!!
We had a wonderful Christmas and the kids enjoyed their extra long 2 week break this year...I however was glad to have them go back!! I subbed for the 2 weeks before and 1 week after Christmas break...so life around here has been busy to say the least. I was home this last week and it was so nice to enjoy Myles and the house! Ok I am starting to ramble...I am off to take the picts I will post with this entry--Dacia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Love the house.. looks very nice.. I'm glad you took pictures so we could see the final project... GREAT JOB!

Andrea